Happy blogiversary to me… Happy blogiversary to me… Happy bloggggiversary, dear Shaaaannnnnnnnnie… Happy blogiversary to me!
(Now imagine that sung terribly and you’ve nailed it.)
I thought it would be special. I thought I’d feel some super sense of accomplishment and my heart would overflow with love and admiration for what I’ve created… For the friends I’ve made, for the sense of community, for the wonderful little blogging world I’ve found myself to be a part of. Eh. Nope.
I completely forgot it. Let it slip by with not even so much as a backwards glance. Damn. Sorry. I do love you, Blog. And I do feel all that mushy crap I said above. Really, I do! Please cut me a little slack, though. I’m sure I would have remembered had I not been living it up at Disney World.
But, as amazing as it is and all, I just can’t think of anything, besides posting more Disney pics, to do that’s special. (Don’t worry I’ll spare you for now… Just until this afternoon or tomorrow morning, though.) How about 100 random tidbits about Shannie? Will that suffice? Yes? Good. ‘Cause that’s all I’ve got. Besides Disney pics.
100 Random Things About Shannie That You Could Care Less About To Commemorate Her One Year Blogiversary That She Forgot All About:
1. I love to say “shit.” I say it a lot. It’s my favorite word. Next to “Disney.”
2. I’m obsessed with my tweezers.
3. I’m rereading Twilight AGAIN. I’m not ready to give it up. Sort of like Disney.
4. The Mister is not romantic at all, and neither am I, so it’s okay. He hates Valentine’s Day. He calls it “Hallmark Day.”
5. My sink is full of dishes from last night’s dinner… It was my farewell to food dinner. Although, I think I may make it tomorrow instead and pig out one more day.
6. Holy shit, this is going to be hard.
7. I never take a bath. Not meaning I never bathe… I just always take showers. We have a giant whirlpool tub that’s awesome. We’ve lived here five years, and I think I’ve gotten in it three times. They were all in the first month we lived here. And totally for the jets…
8. Regular old nacho cheese Doritos dipped in Dean’s french onion dip is one of my favorite snacks in the world.
9. I still haven’t unpacked from Disney.
10. I need a pedicure. Badly. Like don’t show your feet badly. (You know that little tidbit of info. because I just happened to look down in my search to find random shit to write about…)
11. My kids are loud. Just like me.
12. The Mister is a civil engineer and very involved with our community. I know that’s not about me, per se, but I never discuss the specifics of him… So, just thought I’d give you a little insight into the enigma that is The Mister…
13. My favorite outfit is jeans, a fitted t-shirt and some funky shoes.
14. My hair is rarely not pulled up in some way. Because I’m lazy, not because it’s stylish.
15. This is some boring ass shit.
16. Disney isn’t boring.
17. It took me a loooong while to like our town. I felt lonely for a long time… I still do sometimes.
18. I’m rarely not smiling and bubbly. I bet it’s annoying.
19. Avery refuses to say part of her ABCs, just to aggravate me. And it does.
20. I wish Henry would learn to talk. ‘Uh-uh” does not mean juice, snack, I want to go outside, yes, diaper, my sister is terrorizing me or my mommy is the greatest mommy in the world. “Uh-uh” is not all-encompassing. It would make my life easier if he could just grasp that. And to make it worse, he shakes his head ‘no’ when he says it. Every.time. Even if he is meaning yes.
21. I worry that Henry won’t be the braniac of the bunch, if you know what I mean…
22. My closets are all messy.
23. I’m terrible with dates. Like my blogiversary for istance.
24. I’m feircely loyal to my friends.
25. Television is a passion in my house. We have a show for every night.
26. I think it’s pathetic and sad when people act vindictively and/or spiteful. It’s just not in me and I don’t get it.
27. The Mister never calls me Shannon. He calls me Freddie. Even to people that don’t know me… I know I’ve mentioned this before, but damn it’s hard to not make any repeats here.
28. I’m only a quarter of the way through??? Shit.
32. Have I mentioned that shit is my favorite word?
33. Fuck comes in a close second.
34. If you don’t drink or cuss, I’m less likely to be your friend. Hey, at least I’m honest.
35. I wish I was more organized.
36. You can most always find a pile of laundry somewhere in my house.
37. I don’t mop as often as I should.
38. Is this as boring to you as it is to me?
39. I miss Disney. You’re never bored at Disney…
40. My bags are still packed, maybe I could take the kids and run. I could totally work as a “Cast Member” there.
41. The Mister may be taking me to New Orleans Wednesday. (Which means, I’m in the begging stage, but am about to move into the demanding one. And then possibly on to bribes. We all know what that means.) I’m trying to not get my hopes up.
42. I’m soooo excited about going to New Orleans!
43. It’s very hard for me to take naps. (Oh my god, WTF? Who cares.)
44. Especially in the car.
45. And I’m one of those people that can’t read in the car, either. Good thing I like to ride and watch my surroundings.
46. Although, I would have loved very much to read while in the car for six hours to Disney.
47. I’m rereading Twilight… Did I mention that? Yes? Well, it deserves repeating.
48. Bella makes me mad. I just read it for Edward.
49. Jake pisses me off, too. I don’t get “Team Jake” at all. Bunch of freaks.
50. I’m having a Twilight party when the DVD comes out next month.
51. Halfway there. Yay.
52. Holy shit.
53. I clean my face with diaper wipes. That’s about the extent of my beauty regimen.
54. I’ll probably look old in ten minutes.
55. Avery is watching Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. That’s one stupid ass cartoon.
56. The Mister is super smart. Like one of those too smart people. Like scary smart.
57. I hope that Henry gets some of it.
58. I think Avery will be a good mix of the Mister and me. Although, I’m afraid she’s just.like.me. in almost every way.
59. My mom says she is. Let’s hope she isn’t just like I was as a teenager.
60. I’m rather OCD about certain things.
61. Obviously not about laundry.
62. Or remembering dates.
63. Like my blogiversary. Or Dr. G’s birthday.
64. Or unpacking bags… Actually, I think I’ll keep them packed since I’m getting to go to New Orleans Wednesday! I cannot wait.
65. I’ve been on antidepressants before. Weird, I know. Seeing as how I’m perpetually in a good mood. It was more for anxiety… I still get anxious. Hence some of my drinking habits… And why I love a good pill.
66. A Twilight break is in order…
67. Okay, I’m back. I got my Edward fix.
68. The Mister is so tired of vampires.
69. If it’s not written in my daytimer, you can count on me not being there…
70. Just because it is written in my daytimer doesn’t mean I still won’t forget.
71. If I’m on time, I consider it early.
72. I seriously live by the motto “To each his own.” Not everything is for everyone, and that’s one thing that makes this world such an interesting place.
73 I love studying other cultures.
74. World Showcase at Epcot was one of my favorite places at Disney.
75. And not just because they sold beer.
76. I wonder when you guys are going to get tired of me talking about Disney…
79. I love Disney.
80. I could so be a Disneyphile.
81. I’ve never lived anywhere but Georgia. It’s okay, don’t feel sorry for me. I love Georgia and being a Southerner.
82. My accent has quite a Suthun twang to it, too. Just ask anyone here who has talked to me on the phone or knows me IRL…
83. Sometimes I think of setting up a bloggy get together. Not like one of those conferences, like a Girls’ Get Drunk Weekend. Who’s game?
84. We could all go to Disney! Just a suggestion…
85. My unromantic husband proposed to me on Easter by hiding my engagement ring in the golden egg in an Easter basket. How cute is that? And as unusual as him doing something like that is, I totally didn’t get it… He had to prompt me to open the golden egg. Now, if he ever does anything even remotely romantic, I think I’m getting jewelry.
86. I rarely get jewelry.
87. But, I love jewelry. Big, expensive jewelry.
88. My purse is a Kavu. I’m sooo stylin’.
89. I bet that’d impress some folks doing that bag tag.
90. I used to carry expensive purses. I still eye them in the store, but I’d rather buy jewelry and expensive shoes. And wine.
91. I like my Kavus better than any of my expensive purses.
92. My lipstick has cobwebs on it. But, I do use tinted gloss.
93. My god, how boring can this be?
94. Extremely. I know.
95. We’re almost done.
96. Shit. I still have four to go. Mother fucker.
97. I make Avery tiptoe during Henry’s naps so that he will sleep as long as possible. No loud toys, no loud talking, no waking the baby. Momma needs some quiet. (And some computer time.)
98. I’m ready to get off this damn computer and read some more. Before Henry wakes up. Probably from Avery being loud.
99. And I think I may put the kids in the car and drive to the “sucker store.” (Aka, the drive thru liquor store window that hands out suckers. For all the peeps that don’t know. It’s all the rage with the stay-at-home moms.) I’m out of beer. Gasp.
100. FINALLY. Done. Now how many readers did I actually lose because of this?
Happy Blogiversary to me! I promise in my next year of blogging to try and get back on the ball. I know I’ve slipped a lot lately. But, damn, it’s hard work sometimes. It’s hard work being fabulous, people…
Thanks to all of you who read! Even you fucking good for nothing lousy lurkers. You know who you are… (COLORADO, for one! Fucking bitch.) I promise to work harder to bring you funnier shit, if you all promise to comment. At least sometimes.
I love you all and you have made this past year a much saner one and much more fun. Even you suck ass lurkers. Thanks for allowing me an audience for my insanity. You have no idea how much it means to me.
Okay, enough of that shit before I start boo-hooing like I’m at Disney World.
Now, brace yourself for more Disney pics.